GATOR FOOTBALL GETS PRESIDENTIAL TREATMENT
Most teams just give the president a jersey with the number 1. But the Gators showed they were gracious guests, with a #43 jersey for the 43rd President.
Chris Leak declared the White House "The Swamp" for the day.
The President singled out Tim Tebow and Leak for working together to win the championship. He also credited Earl Everett for his helmet-less tackle in the championship game.
"I've seen that face before," said the President. "So has everybody."
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks
- Gators Come Up Empty at College Football Awards, Get Quizzed on Red Carpet
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- Billboard Gets Mixed Reaction From Gator Football Fans
- What $40,000 Gets You in Presidential Fundraising
- Tucker Gets Hits Record, Gators Baseball Gets Win Over Auburn
- Cornerstone Academy Gets on the Gridiron with 6-V-6 Football
- UF Football Roundup: Safety Spot Still Up for Grabs, QB Brantley Getting "Swag"
- North Marion Gets Best of Trinity Catholic in HS Football Season Opener
- GHS Football Gets Third Straight Win Against Eastside 21-0