GATOR FOOTBALL GETS PRESIDENTIAL TREATMENT
Most teams just give the president a jersey with the number 1. But the Gators showed they were gracious guests, with a #43 jersey for the 43rd President.
Chris Leak declared the White House "The Swamp" for the day.
The President singled out Tim Tebow and Leak for working together to win the championship. He also credited Earl Everett for his helmet-less tackle in the championship game.
"I've seen that face before," said the President. "So has everybody."
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Football Recruiting Gets A Boost
- Gator Roundup: Men's Basketball Stunned in Arizona, Women Get First Road Win, Football Adds Another Recruit
- Gators Come Up Empty at College Football Awards, Get Quizzed on Red Carpet
- Gator Football Roundup: Muschamp Just Wants to Win, D-Line Pressures, Secondary Gets Picks
- Billboard Gets Mixed Reaction From Gator Football Fans
- What $40,000 Gets You in Presidential Fundraising
- Tucker Gets Hits Record, Gators Baseball Gets Win Over Auburn
- Six Football Players Celebrate Signings at North Marion, Oak Hall Girls Lacrosse Gets Win
- Trenton Gets Tremendous Sendoff on Eve of 1A State Football Title Game
- Last Chance to Get Noticed For Area High School Football Players