Gator Baseball Ends Seminoles Home Win Streak!
Florida (21-19) put an end to #1 Florida State's (35-5) home winning streak at 30 games with a 5-4 triumph in front of season-high 6,574 fans at Dick Howser Stadium on Wednesday night.Â The victory enabling the Gators to capture the regular-season series from both the Seminoles and Miami (Fla.) in the same campaign for the first time since 1996 and marked FSU's first loss at home since May 20, 2006 (15-7 to N.C. State).
Senior Brian Leclerc was a perfect 4-for-4 with three RBI and UF's bullpen kept the high-powered Florida State offense off the scoreboard over the final three innings. Senior Kris Gawriluk notched his first win of the year and classmate David Hurst collected his fourth save by recording the final six outs.
Leclerc provided the Gators with a quick 2-0 lead with his second homer of the year in the opening frame. Senior Matt LaPorta drew a two-out walk from sophomore Bo O'Dell and Leclerc followed with a shot over the fence in right center.
The Gators will return to McKethan Stadium for a pivotal SEC weekend series against defending league co-champion Kentucky. UF is 8-7 in conference play, while the Wildcats are 6-8-1.
- Gators Baseball Winning Streak Ends With Loss To Indiana
- Vols End Gator Volleyball Home Winning Streak in Five-Set Shocker
- Gator Baseball Uses Big Innings to End USF Streak
- Zunino Continues Hot Streak, Gator Baseball Ends Mid-Week Slump
- Gators Continue Home Winning Streak After Win Over Kentucky
- Gator Baseball Begins New Winning Streak, Tops South Carolina
- Gator Hoops Ends Home Schedule With a Win
- Gator Softball Ends Losing Streak, Downs Auburn
- Gator Women End Three Game Losing Streak, Down Auburn
- Florida Baseball Keeps Winning Streak Alive