Santa Fe Saints Advance to State Tourney!
Playing their fourth game in five days presented a challenge for Saints pitchers, but the offense seemed to relish the opportunity to shine in a 15-5 convincing win over Seminole CC Tuesday afternoon.
The win clinched the number one seed out of the Mid-Florida Conference for the Saints who also clinched a share of the MFC Championship with a win yesterday. While the Saints were having their way with Seminole, Central Florida CC dominated Daytona Beach CC 11-3 to advance to the Florida Community College Activities Association State Tournament as the number two seed.
The Saints did not have an easy road to their first state tournament appearance in eight years, having to win four games down the stretch to get there. The winning streak started last Friday night when the Saints set down this same Raider club 5-3 and moved to Saturday and a 3-0 win over DBCC in Daytona.
That set the stage for the rain make-up game in Gainesville yesterday which SFCC won 2-1 in 10 innings to earn a share of the MFC Title and the playoff game today when the Saints bats dominated.
Tuesday, the Saints scored in every inning but the second in the game that was shortened to seven innings due to the 10-run mercy rule.
Â The Saints (31-15, 14-10 MFC) will have some time to concentrate on final exams for the rest of this week and beginning of next before leaving for the FCCAA State Tournament which will be held in Winter Haven May 4-8.
- Top Teams: PK Yonge, Santa Fe College Continue to Impress
- Santa Fe Men's Hoops Win, Women Lose on the Road
- Santa Fe Advances to MFC Finals via Dunk Display
- Gators Soccer Advances to SEC Tourney Semifinals
- Gators Advance In NCAA Tourney For First Time Since 06-07 National Title Team
- Santa Fe Men Win at Central Florida for First Time Since 2008
- Santa Fe Women Win, Men See Season Come to an End
- Santa Fe College Holds First Volleyball Practice in School History
- Santa Fe College Volleyball Holds Media Day
- Santa Fe College Volleyball Wins Inaugural Game