GATOR SOFTBALL FALLS SHORT OF WORLD SERIES
It looked like it might be a short day for the Gator softball team after they fell behind 2-0 in the first game of the day. But the Gators (50-22)Â rallied to win on the strength of two RBI from Roussell.
With the best of three series tied at one, Texas A&M advanced to the College World Series with a 2-0 win in the second game of the day.Â The Gators scattered five hits, but could not capitalize. Florida finishes the year with a number of noteworthy marks. This is the first Gator team to make a super regional round. The Gators also finish with a record number of wins.
By: Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- Gator Softball Falls Short, Loses World Series
- Gator Softball Wins SEC East But Falls Short Of Conference Title
- GHS, Bradford Softball Advance To Final Four, PK Yonge Falls Short
- Softball Falls In Series Opener Against Mizzou
- Gainesville, Santa Fe Fall On Opening Day of Babe Ruth Softball World Series
- Florida Baseball Falls to Virginia 5-4 in College World Series, Season over
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships
- Gator Cross Country Fall Short in SEC Championship
- Former Gators Lochte and Spofforth Fall Short on Day Four of Olympics
- Gator Gymnastics Falls One-Tenth Short of First NCAA Title