Donovan Still Trying to Rescind Magic Contract
Billy Donovan and the Orlando Magic are getting closer to finalizing their divorce.Â Â Sources told ESPN.com that negotiations were continuing in earnest on Tuesday. The Magic and Donovan both want to move on, and as of late Tuesday both sides were trying to work out details of terminating the contract that the coach signed on Friday. Chances are all issues will be resolved by Wednesday.
Donovan had been waiting Monday afternoon to hear from Magic owner Rich DeVos to find out what Orlando would do with him. Early in the talks the choices appeared to be simple: Either the two parties would agree to rescind his deal or the Magic could pressure him into honoring the contract and/or seek damages. It looks like neither side wants to continue the relationship.
Donovan has been at his home in Gainesville, Fla., since Monday and wasn't expected to speak on the matter until there is closure. Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley has indicated he won't comment either until there is a resolution.
- FHSAA Rescinds Game Schedule Cuts
- Williston Non Profit Service Dog Organization Still Operational After Losing VA Contract
- Orlando Native Mossor is Magic
- Magic Acquire Carter
- Keystone Heights Magical Softball Season Ends 1-0 in 4A State Semis
- Gatornationals Coverage -Krawiec Looks To Rekindle Gainesville Magic
- No Senior Day Magic, Gators Fall to Texas A&M
- Meyer Gets New Contract
- Urban Meyer Contract Details Released
- Details Of Will Muschamp's Contract Released