EMMITT SMITH ENSHRINED IN COLLEGE HALL OF FAME
Former Gator running back Emmitt Smith was enshrined in the College Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.Â A three-time Super Bowl champion with the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL's all-time leading rusher, Smith set 58 rushing records while at Florida. Many of them still stand today, including most rushing yards in a single season (1,599)Â and career rushing touchdowns (36).
In addition, Florida State head coach Bobby Bowden was enshrined along with former Heisman-winning quarterback Charlie Ward. The Hall changed the rules of eligibility so that Bowden could be enshrined while still an active head coach.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- Emmitt Smith Apologizes To Gator Nation For Hall of Fame Snub
- 2014 Santa Fe College Athletics Hall of Fame Induction
- 2013 College Football Hall of Fame Class Includes Gator Great Danny Wuerffel
- Santa Fe College Hall of Fame Induction and Baseball Game
- Santa Fe College Welcomes Inaugural Hall of Fame Class
- Carlos Alvarez Elected To NCAA College Football Hall of Fame
- Marshall to Enter College Hall of Fame
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- MIZELL INDUCTED INTO HALL OF FAME
- UF Inducts 8 Into Athletic Hall of Fame