GATOR FOOTBALL TEAM BEGINS TWO A DAYS
Freshman quarterback Cam Newton's return was the biggest headline as the Florida Gator football team began two a day practices. Newton has missed the first week of practices as he has dealt with academic issues in addition to lingering back pain. After the evening practice, Newton addressed the media, saying he would not discuss his academic issues, but that his back felt fine.
Newton is battling fellow freshman John Brantley, and junior college transfer Brian Waggner for the backup quarterback position.
By Chris Price WCJB TV 20 Sports
- Gator Football Team Hires Two New Coaches
- GATOR FOOTBALL TWO WEEKS AWAY FROM OPENING DAY
- Gators Football Begins Spring Practice
- Rain Slows Play, But Two Teams Rise Above at Babe Ruth Softball World Series Day 2
- Area Teams Waste No Time On Day 1 of High School Football Practice
- Gator Volleyball Team Ends Two Game Skid, Beats Kentucky
- Gator Basketball Team Hires Two New Coaches, One Familiar Face
- REBELS SHOCK GATOR FOOTBALL TEAM IN 31-30 WIN
- Gators Add JUCO Offensive Lineman to Football Team
- Gator Football Team Prepares for Toledo