TheÂ Auburn Tigers came to Ben Hill Griffin StadiumÂ and upset the Gators 20-17 on Wes Byrum's 43-yard field goal as time expired.
The Tigers' Defense held the Gators to 312 total yards of offense.Â Â Auburn QB BrandonÂ Cox passed for 227 yards connecting on 17 of 26 passes.
Tim Tebow passed for 201 yards connecting on 20 of 27 passes and added 75 yards rushing on 19 attempts.
Special TeamsÂ played a key role in Auburn's victory as the Tigers blocked a Florida field goal attempt in the first half and the Gators redshirt freshman Jamar Hornsby ran into the punter early in the first quarter.Â The play eventually led to an Auburn Touchdown after the Gators Defense had held the opponent in check on the opening drive.
Auburn held Florida scoreless at halftime at home for the first time in more than a decade.
Tebow helped rallied the Gators in the 2nd half connecting on a 6-yard pass to (Hawthorne's) Cornelius Ingram to start the 4th Quarter and running for a 2-yard score about halfway through the final period.
Percy Harvin enjoyed another oustanding performance catching 7 passes for 119 yards, including a long of 52 yards.
But, the Tigers held the Gators big play offfense in check most of the 60 minutes.
The 20-17 loss ended UF's 11-game win streak overall.Â The setback also put an end to the Gators 18-game home winning streak (16 straight at the Swamp under Head Coach Urbay Meyer).Â The defeat is Meyer's first loss at the Swamp ever in his 3-year UF tenure.
UF returns to action in a big-time game, Saturday October 6th at #2 LSU.Â
WCJB's own Chris Price will cover the game for TV-20 and CW.
- (19)FLORIDA BASEBALL FALLS TO FLORIDA ATLANTIC IN ELEVEN
- Florida Baseball Falls to Jacksonville in Defensive Showcase
- Gator Baseball Falls to Florida A&M
- Florida Baseball Falls to Mercer
- Florida Men's Basketball Falls Short Against Kentucky
- Florida Basketball Falls In Elite 8 For Second Straight Year
- Florida Softball Falls to Alabama 10-1 in SEC Tournament Final
- Florida Baseball Falls to Golf Coast Despite Run in 8th
- Florida Baseball Drops to.500 on Season After Falling to Illinois
- Santa Fe College Men Fall to State College of Florida