Gators Dominate Volunteers!
Florida's "blue-out" turned into a blowout, courtesy of Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and Brandon James.Â The trio made play after play Saturday, accounting for more than 600 all-purpose yards and lifting the fifth-ranked Gators to a 59-20 romp over No. 22 Tennessee on Saturday.
"Did they really?" coach Urban Meyer said. "Wow. My goodness."
His reaction may have summed up what all 90,707 on hand were thinking as the defending national champions gained an early advantage in the SEC East. The winner of this game has won the division 11 times in the last 14 years.
None of those previous meetings were nearly as lopsided. This was the largest margin of victory in the series since the Volunteers hammered the Gators 45-3 in 1990. It also was the most points Florida has scored in a conference game since beating Kentucky 59-31 in 2000.
The Gators (3-0, 1-0) extended their winning streak to 10 games, stretched their home winning streak to 18 and improved to 7-0 against their three biggest rivals under Meyer. Florida hasn't lost to Tennessee, Georgia or Florida State since 2004.
Meyer treats rivalry games different. He even asked Florida fans to wear blue for this one to reduce the amount of Tennessee-like orange at Florida Field.
In the end, there were few Volunteers left - and they didn'thave anything to cheer about.
- Volunteers Dominate Gators
- Gators Lose Heartbreaker to Volunteers
- Gators Top Volunteers on Hardwood
- Volunteers Come Back to Beat Gators
- Gator Hoops Dominates Bulldogs on the Road
- Lady Vols Dominate Gators
- Huskies Dominate Gators in Game One of World Series
- Gators Dominate Coaches All-Conference Team
- Gators Dominate Media All-Conference Teams
- Gators Dominate Bearcats to Win Sugar Bowl