Gators James Earns Special Teams Honor
GatorÂ sophomore kick returner Brandon James has been named the Southeastern Conference Special Teams Player of the Week, the league office announced Monday.
James garnered 193 all-purpose yards, including 159 on returns, in
Florida's 59-20 win over Tennessee. He opened the scoring against the Vols with a career-long 83-yard punt return for a touchdown on his first touch of the game. It was his second career punt return for a touchdown, and tied for the fifth longest in Gator history. James also returned four kickoffs for a 25.5 yard average and had three punt returns for a 30.3 yard average. He leads the nation in punt return average (30.8) for the season.
Florida will travel to face Ole Miss this weekend. The game will kick off at 12:30 p.m. ET and will be broadcast by Lincoln Financial Sports.
- Gators Get Special Effort From Special Teams in Gator Bowl Win
- Gator Gymnastics Honored With Special Ceremony
- Homegrown Gators Earn Volleyball Honors
- Gators Lacrosse Earns Five All-America Honors
- Five Gator Basketball Players Earn All-Conference Honors
- SIX GATOR FOOTBALL PLAYERS EARN PRESEASON HONORS
- Gator Softball Players Earn Individual Honors
- Ten Gators Earn Preseason Honors
- Gator Defensive Ends Earn Honors
- Six Gators Earn Football AP All-America Honors