Gator Defensive Ends Earn Honors
The Florida football defensive end tandem of sophomore Jermaine CunninghamÂ and junior Derrick HarveyÂ received honors Monday following their performances against Kentucky. Cunningham was named the SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week for games of October 20th, the first time in his career that he has earned the honor. Cunningham racked up a career-high 2.5 sacks against the Wildcats and had a total of seven tackles in the Gators 45-37 win.
Harvey was part of a 17-player trimmed list for the 2007 Lott Trophy,
presented by The Pacific Club IMPACT Foundation of Newport Beach, CA.Â Semifinalists will be announced Nov. 12 and the winner will be decided December 9th at an awards banquet. Harvey has 6.5 sacks on the year to lead the Gators and has 29 total tackles.
Â Â Also, kickoff for the University of Florida football game against Vanderbilt November 3rd has been set for 12:30 p.m. ET, and will be broadcast on Lincoln Financial Sports.
- Vernon Hargreaves Honored as Defensive Freshman; Two Additional Gators Recognized
- Gators James Earns Special Teams Honor
- Homegrown Gators Earn Volleyball Honors
- SIX GATOR FOOTBALL PLAYERS EARN PRESEASON HONORS
- Gator Softball Players Earn Individual Honors
- Ten Gators Earn Preseason Honors
- Six Gators Earn Football AP All-America Honors
- Five Gator Basketball Players Earn All-Conference Honors
- Gators Lacrosse Earns Five All-America Honors
- Hunter Earns SEC Defensive Player of the Week As Florida Enters Bye Week