Start Keeps getting Better
Behind Florida's 30-17, 30-18, 30-19 victory over South Carolina at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center, the Gators tied the 1987 team for the 2nd-best start in school history at 16-0, 9-0 SEC.
SeniorÂ Marcie Hampton (P.K. Yonge)Â put down 16 kills to pace UF and hit a career-best .716.
As a team, #5 Florida hit .384, marking the 3rd straight match where the Gators have hit better than .375.
Freshman Callie Rivers came up with 9 kills and hit .471 and senior Kisya Killingsworth added 6 kills.
Also, for the 20th straight match sophomore libero/defensive specialist Elyse Cusack recorded double-digit digs with 16.
The #5-rated Gators return home at the end of the month for matches with LSU (10/26) and Mississippi (10/28).
- Trenton Girls Basketball Gets Win in SAMCO Classic, Starts Season 15-0
- U.S. Job Market Not Expected To Get Better
- Keep Your Distance When School Starts Once Again
- Gators Offensive Line Hoping to Put On Better Performance Against Missouri
- Muschamp: Gators Must Handle Adversity Better
- Jacks or Better Farm Besting the Big Boys
- FBI: Three Friends Tried to Keep Bombing Suspect from Getting Arrested
- Students Get Head Start on Job Hunt at UF Career Showcase
- Kids Get Head Start On Career
- Holiday Shoppers Get Early Start Thursday