Tebow a Heisman Finalist...of course!
Gator sophomore quarterback Tim TebowÂ added to his list of postseason accomplishments as he was named Wednesday as one of four finalists for the prestigious Heisman Trophy. The winner will be announced at the Nokia Theatre in New York onÂ Saturday, December 8th.
Â Â The Gator signal-caller is also a finalist for the Maxwell and Davey O'Brien Awards.Â Other finalists for the Heisman included Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan, Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel and Arkansas running back Darren McFadden.
Most recently named an All-SEC first-team selection by the league's
coaches, Tebow enjoyed a record-breaking season that included tying the NCAA single-season rushing touchdown record by a quarterback with 22.Â Tebow also became the first quarterback in college football history to pass for 20 and rush for 20 touchdowns. He also set a new standard in single-season touchdown accountability in the SEC, totaling 51 touchdowns (29 passing, 22 rushing).
- Tebow a Heisman Finalist...Again!
- Tebow Finishes 5th In Heisman Voting
- Tebow, Wuerffel Humbled by Heisman Statues
- Tebow Takes the Heisman
- Web Poll: Will Tebow win the 2009 Heisman?
- Jameis Winston Wins Heisman Trophy In a Landslide
- Johnny Butterflies; Manziel Prepares for Heisman Announcement
- "Johnny Football" Becomes First Freshman to Win Heisman
- Heisman Winner Returns
- Weather Affects Golf Courses