Bulldogs Bite Gator Women's Hoops...Again
Behind a career-high 25 points from Ashley Houts Georgia beat Florida 82-55 Thursday in the O'Connell center, giving coach Andy Landers his 700th career win.
Houts scored 21 of her 25 points in the first half while senior Tasha Humphrey added 23 points to take the win.Â Landers became the eighth coach to reach the milestone at a four-year institution. He joins Tennessee's Pat Summitt and Texas' Jody Conradt as the only coaches to record 700 wins at one school.
Landers is now 700-218 in his 29th season at Georgia.Â The Lady Bulldogs (16-3 overall, 3-2 SEC) snapped a three-game road losing streak and won on an opponent's floor for just the second time in five tries this season.
The Gators (13-6, 2-2), meanwhile, had their seven-game home winning streak snapped. Florida has now lost 12 straight games to ranked opponents.
Brittaney Thomas was the only Gator in double figures, scoring 18 points off the bench.
Georgia held Florida to its second-lowest point total of the season and its lowest field goal percentage of the year at 30.2-percent. Georgia has now beaten Florida eight straight times with the last seven wins coming by at least 19 points.
- Bulldogs Bite Gator Hoops...Again
- Gator Women's Hoops Falls to Still-Perfect Bulldogs
- Gator Women's Hoops Cages Bulldogs
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Needles Stiches Her Name Into Gator Women's Hoops Record Book
- Five Players in Double Digits as Gator Women's Hoops Beat Troy
- Gator Women's Hoops Downs Pacific
- Gator Women's Hoops Learning from Loss
- Gator Women's Hoops Fall to Ole Miss
- Gator Women's Hoops Win On Senior Night