Florida Dominates Vanderbilt
Florida smashed #13 Coaches Poll/#14 AP Poll Vanderbilt 86-64 in front of 12, 449 fans at the Stephen C. O'Connell Center to improve its record to 5-1 in the SEC and 18-3 overall.
The Gators used a 23-0 run to push an 11-6 margin to a 34-6 edge during a six-minute span in the first half.Â UF led by as many as 27 points in a contest the Orange and Blue nearly led from start to finish.
Walter Hodge paced the Gators scoring a career and game-best 19 points nailing 7 of his 14 shots.Â Marreesse Speights played his 3rd straight strong conference game scoring 12 points (5 of 8 from the field) and grabbing 8 rebounds.
Dan Werner enjoyed more success as the New Jersey native scored 14 points, grabbed 9 rebounds and dished out 6 assists.Â Nick Calathes put in 15 points, dished out 10 assists and recorded 7 rebounds.
Jail Lucas scored 11 points connecting on 3 of 4 field goals (all 3 pointers and attempts).Â Florida out rebounded Vandy 39-31 and shot 48-percent for the game (including a 51-percent effort in the first half).
The Gators have close to a week off from game action.Â They take on Arkansas, Saturday, Feb. 2 in Fayetteville at 3pm in their next contest.
- Gators Dominate Vanderbilt
- Vanderbilt Baseball Steals Game Away in 9th Inning, Beat Florida 8-6
- Florida State Beats Vanderbilt
- Florida Overpowers Vanderbilt to Victory
- Gator Baseball Swings Back with Dominating Win Over Florida A&M
- Class 1A is Dominated by North Central Florida in New AP Poll
- Florida Volleyball and Soccer Dominate on Friday Night
- FLORIDA DOMINATES LSU 51-21
- Florida Womens Basketball Dominates Charleston Southern
- Gator Men Fall 61-58 at Vanderbilt