Florida Men's Hoops Start 2-0
Behind Jai Lucas 7 (of his team-high 16 points) in the final 3:30 of play, the Gators smashed Auburn 72-56 at the O'Dome to move their mark to 15-2 on the season starting the SEC a perfect 2-0.
Lucas andÂ 2-time Florida Mr. Basketball NickÂ Calathes (team-high 16 points as well) combined for 32 points to help lead Florida to its first SEC home victory after knocking off Alabama on the road when the tandem totaled 40 points.
Marreese Speights added 14 points (6 of 10 shooting from the floor) and collected 8 rebounds, while Dan Werner chipped in with 11 points (5 of 9 shooting)Â as all four players registered doubleÂ figures for UF.
The Blue and Orange shot 49 percent for the game from theÂ floor including 52-percent in the 2nd half (42 percent from downtown in the 2nd half).
Florida returns to the road to take on Ole Miss Wednesday at 8pm.Â The game will be televised by Raycom Sports.
W-C-J-B's Chris Price covered the game for TV-20 Sports.Â
- Gator Men's and Women's Hoops Win on Sunday
- Gator Men's Hoops Tops Hatters
- Gator Men's Hoops Turns Tide on Road
- Gator Men's Hoops Prepare for Savannah State After Holiday Break
- Santa Fe College Men's Hoops Wins, Women Fall Wednesday Night
- Santa Fe Men's Hoops Win, Women Lose on the Road
- Gator Men's Hoops Falls to Tennessee
- Florida Men's and Women's Diving Coach Donnie Craine Dies in Boating Accident
- J.C. Deacon Named Florida Men's Golf Head Coach
- Florida Men's Basketball Falls Short Against Kentucky