Gators Survive Tough Road Test
As he's already done many times this season, freshman Nick Calathes was a spark plug in a big Gator basketball road win.Â Scoring 21 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer during a late 13-2 run, Calathes and Florida beat South Carolona 73-71 in Columbia, South Carolina on Wednesday night.
The Gators (17-3, 4-1 Southeastern Conference) beat the Gamecocks for the fourth straight time, and send South Carolina coach Dave Odom off a loser in his first game since announcing his retirement after this season.
South Carolina (9-9, 1-3) led by as many as nine points in the second half but Florida used its backbreaking run to pull things out. Jai Lucas had two 3-pointers before Calathes' 3 put the Gators ahead to stay, 68-67.
Dan Werner had Florida's fourth 3-pointer in the run and Marreese Speights an inside bucket to close the surge for a 73-67 lead.Â Speights had his fifth double-double of the season with 22 points and 13 rebounds.
- Gator Volleyball Prepares For Tough Road Double
- Gator Hoops Tough Road Ahead Starts with FSU
- Gator Basketball Prepares for Another Road Test
- Tough Going for Gator Men in SunTrust Gator Invitational
- Gator Women Drop Tough One
- Gator Softball Team Revealing Toughness Game By Game
- Gators Out-Toughed Against Tennessee, Lose 75-70
- Gators Hoops Face Tough Non-Conference Schedule
- GATORS SURVIVE FIRST HALF SCARE, BEAT HURRICANES
- Gators Survive Questionable Call, Sting Yellow Jackets 6-2