Speights Dominates in High Point Win!
Sophomore center Marreese SpeightsÂ had 24 points and 15 rebounds, both career highs, as the Gator basketball team ended its non- conference schedule with an 88-70 victory over High Point on Wednesday night at the O'Connell Center.
The 6-foot-10 Speights made the most of his height advantage, getting the majority of his points in the paint and controlling the offensive glass with five caroms. He connected on 10-of-14 shot attempts from the floor and used an array of post moves to get his way to the basket at will.
Freshman guard Nick Calathes added 15 points and six assists for the Gators (13-2) and sophomore forward Jonathan MitchellÂ chipped in 12 points.
Florida committed a season-low six turnovers and was countered by 23 assists with junior Walter Hodge leading the way with seven.
The game was Florida's final tune-up before beginning Southeastern Conference play next Tuesday against Alabama at 9 p.m. in Tuscaloosa.
- Billy D Gets His 300th Gator Win!
- Spurs Set Finals 3 Point Record In Game 3 Win Over Heat
- Gainesville High Remains Undefeated with Domination of Citrus 56-7
- Oak Hall Dominates on Gridiron to Start High School Season
- Gators Dominate Bearcats to Win Sugar Bowl
- Gator Baseball Swings Back with Dominating Win Over Florida A&M
- Gators Run Over Georgia En Route to Dominating Win
- Speights Joins 76ers!
- SPEIGHTS TO SKIP PRE-DRAFT CAMP
- Speights Entering NBA Draft