Gator Men Back In Win Column
The Gators used a strong 1st half of shooting (67 percent from the field and 64 percent from 3-point land) to open up a 12-point lead at the break and held on for the 85-82 victory over South Carolina.
Florida improved to 20-5 overall, 7-5 in the SEC. All five starters scored in double figures as Florida led by as man as 17 in the 2nd half. Marreese Speights went for a double-double scoring 10 points and grabbing 10 rebounds.
Dan Werner hit 3 of his 5 3-point attempts and connected on 5 of his 7 shots overall from the field to total 15 points. Nick Calathes led the team in scoring going for 17 points on 6 of 11 shooting from the field. Calathes also dished out 7 assists.
Walter hodge scored in double figures for the 4th straight game (15th overall this season) scoring 14 points. Four of Hodge's five baskets came from 3-point land. Jai Lucas added 11 points.
Adam Allen came off the bench and connected on all three of his 3-point shots.
Florida has the weekend off from game action before returning to SEC play at Georgia, Wed. February 27.
- Gator Men Back in the Win Column
- Florida Women Join Men in the Win Column on Thursday
- Gator Baseball Looking to Return to Win Column
- Gator Men's Basketball Back In Top 25
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships
- Gator Mens Tennis Opens 2015 Season With a Win
- Burleigh Reaches 400 Wins, Gator Soccer Cruises to NCAA Tourney Victory; Gator Volleyball Back on Track with Three-Set Sweep Over Missouri
- Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second
- Gator Men's 4x100 Team Wins National Title
- Gator Men's Basketball Wins Season Opener Against Stetson