Lady Vols Dominate Gators
The Gator women's basketball team was unable to duplicate its stunning win the last time it played in Knoxville, as the third-ranked Lady Vols earned an 88-61 decision over the Gators on Thursday. Junior Sha Brooks, who scored 25 points in the 2005-06 Gator upset of the Lady Vols, tallied a team- and season-high 27 points in this year's meeting, hitting 6-of-10 from the three-point arc. Brooks' stellar offensive performance, however, wasn't nearly enough to counter Tennessee's rebounding dominance, as the Lady Vols (26-2, 12-2 SEC) held a 57-35 advantage in the paint, with 25 of those on the offensive end alone, helping the home team outscore the Gators (16-12, 5-8 SEC), 40-16 in the paint.
Florida next travels to Oxford, Miss., to play Ole Miss (12-14, 6-7 SEC) on Sunday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
- Lady Vols Dominate Gators
- Lady Commodores Dominate Gators
- Gator Baseball Goes Extra to Clinch Exciting Series Win Over Vols
- Gator Baseball Starts Series with Win Over Vols
- Vols End Gator Volleyball Home Winning Streak in Five-Set Shocker
- Gators Baseball Shuts Down Vols In Series Game 1
- Billy Donovan Gets 500th Win, Gators Handle Vols 66-49
- Gator Baseball Gets Sixth 3-Game Sweep with 9-1 Victory Over Vols
- Lady Gators Roll Past Alabama 61-37
- Gator Hoops Dominates Bulldogs on the Road