Cole Captures Big Hit
Sophomore Shortstop Cole Figueroa smashed his 2nd career grand slam (the Gators 3rd of the young season) to help lead Florida to a 6-2 win over the #8-ranked Hurricanes in the series finale in Miami.
The game was tied 2-2 in the 8th when Figueroa came through with the clutch hit. Cole knocked in 7 of Florida's 15 runs in the series.
Meanwhile, Senior 3B Jon Townsend broke out of his slump picking up 3 hits in his 8 trips to the plate.
Freshman and 3rd Round Draft pick Tommy Toledo pitched another 5 innings of solid ball in his 2nd straight start in the Sunday series finale. Toledo didn't earn the win, but scattered 4 hits and allowed just 2 runs, before the relievers threw 4 innings of shutout baseball.
Clint Franklin earned the win out of the pen allowing no runs over 2 innings innings. Stephen Locke closed out the game pitching the final 2 innings
and allowed just 1 hit.
Florida starts a 10-game homestand at McKethan Stadium when it hosts Campbell Tuesday at 6:30pm in the first of a two games with the team. Florida plays Campbell again on Wednesday, before hosting Brown for a 3-game series over the weekend.
- Trinity Catholic Capture School's First Baseball State Title
- Gator Golfer Tyler McCumber Captures Amatuer Title
- Tiger Woods Captures 1st PGA Tour Win Since 2009
- Gator Baseball Looking to Capture Winning Momentum
- "Shooting For Home" Captures Story of Kevin Bradshaw
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title
- Williston Boys Hoops Capture Road Victory Against Santa Fe
- Gators Men's Golf Team Captures Gator Athletics 200th SEC Championship
- UF Women's Tennis Captures ITA Kickoff Weekend Championship
- Oak Hall Boys Lacrosse Captures District Title over Buchholz