Orange & Blue Diamond Notes
The Gator Baseball Team moved its overall record to 17-4, an SEC best 5-1 with a 2 games to 1 series win against the #8 Rebels of Ole Miss. The 10-2 series finale victory marked the first time Florida captured a series on the road in Oxford, Miss., since 1997.
Tommy Toledo earned his 4th win of the season and lowered his ERA to 1.93 Four different Gators collected 2 hits each, while Brand McArthur recorded 3 hits.
One of SEC Freshman of the Week Josh Adam's 2 hits went for a 3-run homer. Buddy Munroe also homered for 1 of his 2 hits in the 8-run win. Jon Townsend and Cole Figueroa also registered 2 hits apiece.
Florida returns home for a Tuesday evening game against Jacksonville at 6:30pm at McKethan Stadium.
Following a game at Jacksonville on Wednesday, Florida hosts LSU Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Meanwhile, the #3-ranked Florida Softball Team completed a 3-game sweep over Longwood. UF put up 26 runs in the 3-game series sweep. In the series finale Stacey Nelson pitched her 2nd complete game and earned her 21st win of the season, while the offense put up 11 runs in an 11-2 win.
The Gators smashed through with 7 of their 11 runs in the home fourth. Kristen Adkins hit her 1st career homerun (3-run blast off the scoreboard), while Kelsey Bruder came through with a 3-run double.
Megan Bush went 2 for 2 at the plate, collecting 2 RBI in the 3rd inning of the game.
#3 Florida hosts South Carolina in a doubleheader starting at 3pm Wednesday, before (also) hosting LSU in a major home SEC showdown starting with another double dip on Saturday.
- Mike Peterson Still Bleeds Orange & Blue
- Florida Volleyball Returns To The Court In Orange and Blue Game
- Due To Injuries, Orange and Blue Game Will Feature Just One Team
- Details Announced For Annual Orange and Blue Game
- Blue Beats Orange 13-10 in 2011 Gator Football Debut
- Gator Soccer Kickin' It in Orange and Blue Scrimmage
- Gator Volleyball Orange and Blue Scrimmage Wraps Up UF Fan Day
- Details For Orange and Blue Game
- Orange And Blue Preview
- Late Offensive Explosion Sees Blue Beat Orange 21-20