HARVEY MAKES TOP TEN IN NFL DRAFT
When Jacksonville Jaguars team personnell visited Derrick Harvey at his tryout in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, it was clear that although the Jags wanted Harvey, he would not be around with their late first round pick. So they did what they needed to do to get their man: they traded with the New England Patriots for the eighth overall selection, making Harvey the highest Gator drafted since Gerrard Warren in 2001.
With the pick, Harvey joins a host of other Gators in Jacksonville, including Pro Bowl running back Fred Taylor and former national championship teammate Reggie Nelson.
As a top ten pick, Harvey will likely make more than $15 million in guaranteed money.
By Chris Price
WCJB TV20 Sports
- NINE GATORS SELECTED IN NFL DRAFT
- Ingram & Murphy Taken on Day Two of NFL Draft
- NFL Draft Round 1 Roundup
- NFL Draft Begins Thursday, But Maybe Not For Gators
- Gators TE Reed, UGA OLB Jones Entering NFL Draft
- Gators LB Jenkins To Declare for NFL Draft
- Draft Preview With NFL.com Writer Bucky Brooks
- Sharrif Floyd Opens Up Before NFL Draft
- Former Gators Preparing for the NFL Draft
- Sharrif Floyd Selected with the 23rd Pick of NFL Draft