UF Cancels Baseball Games with FGCU
Due to a Southeastern Conference policy prohibiting athletic teams from competing in non-league contests during exam periods, the University of Florida baseball program's mid-week series against Florida Gulf Coast University on Tuesday and Wednesday (April 29-30) at Perry Field has been canceled.
"This was an administrative oversight that was simply overlooked and we accept full responsibility for this situation," Athletics Director Jeremy Foley said. "We are looking at several options in making up the missed games during the next two weeks and wanted to apologize to Florida Gulf Coast University and the fans of both schools." Coming off an important series win over Georgia that improved them to second in the league standings, the Gators (27-16/12-9 SEC) will head to the Palmetto State on Thursday for a weekend series at South Carolina (31-14/11-10 SEC).
- Gator Baseball Loses Another One to FGCU
- Gators v. Idaho Game Canceled: What Now?
- GATOR BASEBALL LOSES GAME, GAINES 6TH SEED
- Gator Baseball Drops Game One Of Super Regional
- Gator Baseball Falls In First Game of NCAA Regional; Moves On To Valparaiso
- Gator Baseball Takes Game One in Series Over UConn
- Gator Baseball Drops Game 2 to Maryland
- Trenton Beats Chiefland in All North Central Florida State Baseball Title Game
- Gator Baseball Takes First Game Versus Georgia; O'Sullivan Ready to Depend on Magliozzi
- Santa Fe College Hall of Fame Induction and Baseball Game