UF Students Get Chance to Test Speed Against Gators
As part of the 2008 Orange and Blue Debut and in a continuing effort by Urban Meyer to thank UF students for their incredible support, the football team has begun its campaign to find the fastest student at UF.
The first day of tryouts were held on March 27 on the Football Practice Field and the 15 contestants with the fastest time advanced to the semi-finals on April 10 at 4 p.m. on the Football Practice Field. The fastest time of the day was a 4.49 by UF junior Ryan Stallings.
Interested students, who cannot be current or former UF student-athletes, still have one more opportunity to test their speed in hopes of advancing to the semi-finals. The final tryout will be held on Thursday, April 3 at 4 p.m. on the Football Practice Field.
The five contestants with the fastest time at the semi-finals will earn a chance to test their speed against Gator football players on the big stage, Florida Field prior to the Orange and Blue Debut.
- Brantley Gets Second Chance as Spring Practice Gets Underway
- Top Fueler Spencer Massey Tests Reaction Time Against TV20 Sports Team
- Florida Volleyball Aces Test Against South Carolina
- Last Chance to Get Noticed For Area High School Football Players
- Gators Soccer Scores Goals, Chance to Achieve Goals, With 3-1 Win Over Arkansas
- GHS Football Gets Third Straight Win Against Eastside 21-0
- Gainesville to Google: Pick Us For High Speed Internet Test!
- Gators Survive Tough Road Test
- Gator Basketball Passes First Big Test Beating #13 Kansas
- Gator Basketball Prepares for Season's Biggest Test