GATOR SOFTBALL BOUND FOR CWS
Francesca Enea knew her secret cheer would pull the Gators through in extra innings. But they didn't know it would result in the game-winning home run.
"I did this cheer that we only do for special occasions," said Enea about Bush's ninth inning at-bat. "And I was like, she's going to get a hit because I did the cheer and then she got the home run."
When they weren't cheering, the Gators were in control most of the way. Pitcher Stacey Nelson struck out nine batters and gave up three hits over nine innings as the Gators advance to their first-ever world series.
Florida also earned its 67th win, tying the record for most wins in NCAA history.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- Omaha Bound! Gators Win 8-6 Over Bulldogs, Going Back to CWS
- Gators Thwarted in Walk-Off Fashion 4-3, Winner-Take-All Tomorrow for CWS Berth
- As Gator Baseball Moves To CWS, O'Sullivan Appreciates Help From Fellow Coaches
- Gator Baseball Team Looking Forward To Playing In CWS
- Sully Picks Alex Panteliodis to Start For Gators Friday in CWS
- Gators Win Wild Ride Over Vandy, Heading To CWS Final
- Gators Tame Wolfpack 7-1, One Win Shy of Another CWS Appearance
- Gators Fall to Gamecocks 7-3, Face Uphill Climb in CWS
- Gators Eliminated in CWS
- Gators Throw Away Game One in CWS Championship Series, Fall to Gamecocks 2-1