Gator Softball One Step Away from World Series!
The #1 Gator Softball team won its first Super Regional game on Friday afternoon with a 4-2 victory over the California Bears. The Gators, now 66-and-3, were able to capitalize on six walks and three Cal errors with Sophomore Francesca Enea leading Gator bats with a 2-for-2 performance at the plate. A doubleby Enea in the first inning was the only extra base hit of the game. She also tallied two RBI, a walk and was hit by a pitch. Junior Ali Gardiner also had two hits on the day as she went 2-for-4 with a RBI.
SEC pitcher of the year Stacey Nelson struck out 10 for her ninth double digit strikeout performance this season. Her record improves to 44-3 for the season.
All Saturday Gainesville Super Regional games will air live on ESPN. If you'd like to attend, admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children and seniors. Fans can bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit on the hills down the right field and left field lines.
- Gator Softball One Win Shy From 4th Consecutive Women's College World Series
- Florida Baseball One Win Away From College World Series
- Gators Throw Away Game One in CWS Championship Series, Fall to Gamecocks 2-1
- Gator Baseball's Thompson Stepping Away From the Plate
- Gator Softball Makes It To Their 4th Consecutive World Series
- Gator Softball Falls Short, Loses World Series
- Gators Softball Takes Series Opener vs. Auburn
- Gator Softball Shuts Out Kentucky 5-0, Even Series
- Gator Softball Tries To Regroup After Series Loss
- Gator Baseball Drops Series to Indiana, Softball Downs Auburn