Big Brown Falls Short of Triple Crown
Big Brown could not find the magic that propelled him to sizeable wins in the first two jewels of the triple crown, falling all the way to last place after running in third through the backstretch. Big Brown becomes the first horse in history to finish last in the Belmont after winning the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes.
Da' Tara was the longest of the long shots, going in to the race at 38 to one.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- I'll Have Another Wins Preakness Stakes, 1 Race Away From Triple Crown
- I'll Have Another Faces Test Of Champions, Ghosts of Failed Triple Crown Attempts
- I'll Have Another Won't Be Going For the Triple Crown
- BIG BROWN WINS KENTUCKY DERBY
- North Marion, Dixie Co. Football Win, Buchholz Falls On Thursday Triple-Header
- Gators Defense Short On Stars, Big On Results
- Gainesville High Makes Furious 2nd Half Rally, But Fall Short to Wolfson
- Rams Hold On Late, Canes Comeback Falls Short 53-49
- Gator Gymnastics Fall Short At NCAA Championships
- Gator Softball Wins SEC East But Falls Short Of Conference Title