Gators the Pre-Season Favorite to Win Conference Title
The University of Florida football team was picked by the media to win the 2008 Southeastern Conference Championship. In addition, five Gators were selected to the preseason All-SEC first-team. The results were announced today at the third and final day of the SEC media days in Hoover, AL. Florida was picked to win the title on 36 out of 70 ballots by the media members. They received 45 first-place votes to win the Eastern Division, followed by Georgia (23 first-place votes) and Tennessee (2).
Wide receiver Percy Harvin tied Georgias Knowshon Moreno as the leading vote getters with 68 votes. Linebacker Brandon Spikes had the most votes among the defensive players with 65 votes. There were no unanimous selections on offense, defense or special teams. Quarterback Tim Tebow and tight end Cornelius Ingram were also selected to the first-team offense. Brandon James (St. Augustine, Fla.) was named the first-team return man for special teams.
Florida led the league with five first-team selections.
- Gator Volleyball the Pre-Season Conference Favorite- Again!
- Pre-Season Honors for Gator Women's Hoops
- Gators #3 in Pre-Season Coaches Poll
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Gator Softball Picked to Win 2014 SEC Title in Coaches' Preseason Poll
- Gator Softball Wins SEC East But Falls Short Of Conference Title
- Gators Blank Missouri in Second Half, Win 14-7 to Close Out Conference Regular Season
- Gators Clinch Big East Regular Season Title with Win vs. Cincinnati
- Gators Place 8 On Preseason All-Conference Football Teams
- Arkansas Bullies Gators Into First Loss of Conference Season