Gators Roar at SEC Media Days
Tim Tebow found himself once again wading through a throng of people who were trying to pin him down.Â This time it was Southeastern Conference media days, and Florida's Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback was just trying to make it in the front door and past dozens of Gators fans, not run through a defensive line intent on tackling him.
Tebow was as usual the center of attention during his visit to the Wynfrey Hotel after an offseason that was as atypical among college players as his own bulldozing quarterback style.Â He went on mission trips during all three school breaks since summer practice, to the Philippines, Thailand and Croatia. Tebow would rather talk about that than a bid to win a second straight Heisman Trophy.
Leaving the country also happens to be a way to cut down on some of the attention that he said mostly keeps him out of malls and Wal-Marts. Most of the time he goes unrecognized, but Tebow said he was approached by fans at an airport in Germany and in Manilla.
Tebow's faith led Florida officials to decline to nominate him for Playboy's All-America team during the spring.Â Gators coach Urban Meyer also took his wife and three children to the Dominican Republic for a mission trip in early July. A product of being around Tebow so much?
- SEC Media Day 3; Spurrier, Palmer Talk 2014 Gator Football
- Gators Kick Off SEC Media Days; First Three Game-Times Announced
- Nine Gators Voted to 2013 Preseason Media Days All-SEC Team
- Gator Rivals Talk Big at Final SEC Media Day
- Gator Football Generations Collide at SEC Media Days
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Day Two of SEC Media Days; Muschamp,Players Talk Offense
- Day One of SEC Media Days
- Best of 2014 SEC Media Days
- SEC Media Days Preview: 5 Questions We Want Answered