TORRES CONTINUES TORRENTIAL ASSAULT ON RECORD BOOK
As if making Olympic history wasn't enough for Dara Torres, the former Gator is leaving her mark on the American swimming record books as well.
Torres- who on Friday became the oldest woman to qualify for an Olympic swimming event with a qualifying time in the 100 meter freestyle- qualified for the 50 meter freestyle in Beijing, setting a new American record in the processs.
The record changed hands twice over the weekend before Torres took the record back with a 24.25-second swim.
By Chris Price WCJB TV20 Sports
- TORRES WINS SILVER IN 4x100; SETS OLYMPIC RECORD
- FORMER GATOR TORRES SETS OLYMPIC RECORDS
- Needles Stiches Her Name Into Gator Women's Hoops Record Book
- Torres Advances to 50M Finals, Beisel Olympic Bound in 200M Backstroke
- Torres Falls Short At US Olympic Swim Trials
- Gator Great Swimmer Dara Torres Considers 2012 Olympics
- Torres Tops Competition at US Nationals
- Tony Dungy Promotes Book in Gainesville
- Hotels Not Completely Booked For Kick-Off Game
- First Day of Suntrust Gator Invitational In the Books