Gator Volleyball the Pre-Season Conference Favorite - Again!
The Gator volleyball, #8 in the national pre-season poll, was picked to win the 2008 Southeastern Conference volleyball title in a preseason vote of the league's 11 head coaches, the conference office announced Tuesday. Florida, which is coming off a 29-3 record and an NCAA Regional Semifinal appearance in 2007, has won 17 consecutive SEC titles. Florida returns seven letterwinners, including four upperclassmen from last season's roster. The Gators also welcome six true freshmen who comprise the nation's #1 recruiting class as judged by both PrepVolleyball.com and Volleyball Magazine. The Gators were voted to win the Eastern Division with nine votes, followed by Kentucky with one vote. LSU was a unanimous selection to win the Western Division, earning 10 first-place votes. Florida received seven votes to win the overall SEC title, while LSU earned three and Kentucky one. The Gators begin their 2008 season by hosting the Aquafina Invitational in the O'Connell Center. Florida's first match is set for 7 p.m. on August 29th when the Gators play host to UAB.
- Gators the Pre-Season Favorite to Win Conference Title
- Pre-Season Honors for Gator Women's Hoops
- Gators #3 in Pre-Season Coaches Poll
- SEC Media Days: SEC Network, Pre-Season All-SEC
- Gators Atlanta Bound Again!
- Gators Tame Tigers Again!
- Gators Collar Bulldogs Again!
- Gators Place 8 On Preseason All-Conference Football Teams
- Gator Volleyball Keeps Pace With Conference Best After Weekend Sweep
- Gators Blank Missouri in Second Half, Win 14-7 to Close Out Conference Regular Season