Gator Hoops Has No Trouble Rolling Rollins
GatorÂ men's basketball teamÂ beat Rollins College with ease in their final exhibition game Thursday night, 82-53,Â in theÂ O'Connell Center.
A total of four Gators scored in double figures. Sophomores Chandler Parsons and Nick Calathes each scored 16 points to lead all scorers. Calathes was 6-for-8 from the floor, including 3-for-4 behind the three-point line, and also dished out six assists.
A pair of freshman also scored in double figures for UF. Ray Shipman scored 12 points while Erving Walker had 11 to go along with four assists.
Sophomore Alex Tyus chipped in eight points in addition to a team-leading six rebounds. Junior Dan Werner added six points, five rebounds and five assists.
The Gators led by 28 at the half after shooting 51.4 percent from the floor (19-for-37), including 50.0 percent from three-point range (8-for-16). Florida finished with 12 three pointers in the game, while holding Rollins to only 5-for-18 (27.8 percent) beyond the arc.
Florida has won 16 exhibition games in a row overall, going 2-0 each of the last seven years, combined with a 2-0 mark on their trip to Canada in 2006. The Gators will take on Toledo in their regular season opener Friday, November 14 at 6 p.m. in the O'Connell Center in the opening game of the O'Reilly Auto Parts Classic. The game will be broadcast live on ESPNU.
- Gator Women Hoops On A Roll
- Gator Women's Hoops Keeps Rolling
- Rams Roll Over Rattlers in Boys Hoops
- Gators in Trouble
- Gators in Trouble!
- Lady Gators Roll Past Alabama 61-37
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- Gators Roll Past Spurrier's Gamecock's 44-11
- Gators Roll Over Savannah State 88-38
- Gator Baseball Rolling Along; Win First One Versus Jacksonville