Gators Avoid Huskies Bite
Nick Calathes scored 15 of his 21 points inÂ the second half and No. 17 Florida held off a late rally to beat Washington 86-84 Tuesday night in the consolation game of the CBE Classic.
Florida (4-1) had been in a bit of a slump from the perimeter, shooting 8-of-39 from 3-point range the previous two games. The Gators were much better against Washington, working the ball around for open looks, hitting 11-of-22 from beyond the arc, shooting 52 percent overall.
Florida just couldn't completely shake Washington (2-3).Â After trailing by 10 points with just under 5 minutes left, the Huskies chipped away, tying it at 81-all on two free throws by Jon Brockman with 1:23 left. Walter Hodge followed with a 3-pointer from the corner to put Florida up by 3, then Isaiah Thomas hit two free throws with 50 seconds left.
Calathes and Allan Chaney each hit 1 of 2 free throws to put the Gators up 86-83, and Washington couldn't get the rebound when Thomas purposely missed his second free throw after making the first with 2.5 seconds left.
- Gator Volleyball Avoids Rattlers Bite
- Huskies Dominate Gators in Game One of World Series
- Kentucky Avoids Sweep, Nips Gator Baseball Team 2-1
- Gators Do Just Enough To Avoid The Upset From Louisiana
- Tennessee Baseball Avoids Sweep From Gators
- Gator Softball Avoids Rattlers Venom
- Gator Hoops Avoids Rattlers Venom
- Gator Volleyball Takes Bite Out of Dogs
- Gator Baseball Bites Rattlers, Beat FAMU 15-2
- Bulldogs Bite Gator Hoops...Again