Carl Johnson Arrested
University of Florida police arrested Gators offensive lineman Carl Johnson on MondayÂ for violating aÂ sexual violence restraining order, according to police records.
Johnson, 21, receivedÂ the temporary order to stay away from a womanÂ last MondayÂ but broke that order today when he followed her off a campus bus, according to the police report. Johnson had numerous chances to get off the bus but waited until the woman exited at the campus hub, the police report states.
The police report didn't detail the original incident involving the woman and Johnson, who faces a first degree misdemeanor. A clerk at Alachua County jail saidÂ Johnson had no previous jail records until he was booked at 1:21 p.m. No bond has been set.
Johnson, a rising redshirt junior, came into his own last seasonÂ as an integral piece of Florida's offensive line. Johnson startedÂ nine games at left guard when senior Jim Tartt went down with a shoulder injury.
Team spokesman Steve McClain said Coach Urban Meyer is out of the country but the program is gathering information on the report. Â
This is the football team's third arrest since November. Cornerback Jacques Rickerson was kicked off the team for domestic battery. Quarterback Cam Newton, who has transferred, allegedly stole a student's laptop and threw it out of his dorm window upon police suspicion.
- Carl Johnson's Comedy Routine
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete: Eastside's Barry Johnson
- Gator Defense Ready to Face Miami's Spark Duke Johnson
- Jimmie Johnson Becomes First Driver to Sweep Daytona Since 1982
- Doug Johnson Reeling for Kids
- Rick Johnson Signs to Play Football
- Santa Fe RB Damian Johnson Signs With Clark Atlanta University
- Gainesville High's Johnson Signs To Play College Basketball
- Brissett, Johnson to Transfer from UF
- One Voice: Doug Johnson