Gators Top Gamecocks
Nick Calathes scored 22 points, Alex Tyus added 19 and Florida avenged a disheartening loss to South Carolina two weeks ago with a 97-93 victory on Tuesday night.Â The Gators lost the previous meeting mostly because of two missed free throws in the closing seconds. The Gamecocks returned the favor in the rematch, finishing 10 of 22 from the stripe.
Florida (19-4, 6-2 Southeastern Conference) won for the 13th time in its past 15 games, snapped South Carolina's four-game winning streak - and with help from Mississippi State - took over sole possession in the Eastern Division. The Bulldogs upset Kentucky 66-57 earlier Tuesday.
Gator freshman Erving Walker finished with a career-high 18 for the Gators, who took advantage of South Carolina's free-throw woes to win a game filled with fouls and lead changes.Â Thanks to 3-pointers from Calathes and Erving Walker and several missed free throws by South Carolina, the Gators were up 80-73 with about 7 minutes remaining.
- Gators Beat Gamecocks
- GATORS FALL TO GAMECOCKS IN 11 INNINGS
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Away Gamecocks
- Gamecocks "Zam" Gators at Buzzer!
- Gamecocks Down Gators
- Gator Basketball Falls to Gamecocks 72-69
- Gator Baseball Back On Track With 2-1 Victory Over Gamecocks
- Gators and Gamecocks Meet For All the Marbles
- Gators Throw Away Game One in CWS Championship Series, Fall to Gamecocks 2-1
- Gator Baseball Falls Short, Gamecocks Win Back-to-Back CWS Championships