New Milestone for Butler's Gators
Even though the Florida Gators went into Sunday's game as the higher ranked team, the Gators had still only won two times in the 39-game history between the two.
Make that three.
Sha Brooks led the Gators with 29 points and Florida rallied late to secure a 66-57 win over Tennessee. The win gives Florida a 4-1 record over ranked teams this season and also puts Florida (22-2, 8-1) back into a tie for first place in the SEC (although the Gators would lose a head-to-head tiebreak with Auburn because of a Jan. 11 loss to the Tigers). Florida's seven-game conference winning streak is the longest in history, and the Gators are off to their best 24-game start in program history.
The Gators will next face Vanderbilt on Thursday in Nashville.
By Chris Price, WCJB TV20 Sports
- Butler's Squad Starts Fast
- A New Generation of Sports Media-Lake Butler Career Day
- Amanda Butler Scores 200th Career Win; Gators Edge Arkansas State
- Gators Basketball Season Ends with 74-71 OT Loss to Butler
- New Gator Women's Golf Coach Bastel Ready for the Spotlight
- Negotations Will Continue Over Butler Plaza's Expansion
- Check Out Tebow's New 'Do!
- One Voice: Alvin Butler
- Heavy Hearts at Tigers Opener; Zach Aldridge Live from Lake Butler
- Lake Butler Middle School Tries Out Sports Anchoring At Career Day