Gator Baseball Edges Seminoles
Gator junior Buddy Munroe hit a game-winning single with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth to propel the Florida (10-7) to a 5-4 victory over Florida State (9-7) at Perry field on Tuesday night. Munroe (3-for-5) had a career-high three hits and notched two RBI as Florida ended a three-game slide. Junior Tony Davis earned the win after inheriting a bases-loaded situation in the ninth and limiting the high-powered Seminoles to just a run.
After the Seminoles had tied the game with a pair of runs in the top of the inning, junior Matt Den Dekker led off with a walk from senior Jimmy Marshall (1-1) and took second on a wild pitch. Senior Brandon McArthur (2-for-5, two runs) legged out a bunt single for runners on the corners and Marshall struck out sophomore Riley Cooper. Freshman pinch runner Daniel Pigott moved to second without drawing a throw and the Seminoles elected to walk junior Clayton Pisani intentionally to fill the sacks. Munroe sent a 2-2 offering from the right-hander into right field to bring home den Dekker with the decisive run as UF captured the first of three meetings between the Sunshine State rivals.
McArthur opened the scoring with a two-out single up the middle in the third off FSU freshman Brian Busch driving home sophomore Josh Adams.
- Seminoles Edge Gators on Diamond
- Gator Baseball Ends Seminoles Home Win Streak!
- Gator Baseball Hammers Seminoles
- Stanford Edges Gators to Win NCAA Championship
- No. 4 Gator Lacrosse Edged Out by No. 9 Syracuse in Double OT Thriller
- Gator Hoops Just Edges FSU
- Gator Volleyball Sweeps Seminoles
- Gator Softball Dominates Seminoles
- GATORS OUT-SLUG #1 SEMINOLES!
- Seminoles Dominate Billy's Young Gators