Gator Hoops Advances in NIT
Nick Calathes broke out of a shooting slump with 19 points, Chandler Parsons added 17 points and 14 rebounds, and Florida beat Jacksonville 84-62 Wednesday night in the opening round of the NIT.Â The Gators, who lost four of their last six and missed the NCAA tournament for the second consecutive year, played one of their best first halves of the season. They shot 63 percent from the field, were 6-of-9 from 3-point range and had a 21-point lead at the break.
Florida (24-10) extended it to 25 early in the second half on Ray Shipman's dunk, then coasted the rest of the way. The Gators will host Miami in the second round Friday.
Â Â Florida became the first program since Michigan State in 1980 to miss the NCAA tournament two straight years after winning a national title.Â It was not the way these Gators wanted to make history. But they vowed to get back on track in the NIT, and maybe bring home a championship.
- Gator Hoops Advances to Elite 8 of NIT
- Gator Women's Hoops Advance to SEC Tournament Quarterfinals
- Minutemen Cook Gators in NIT
- Gators Conquer Aztecs in NIT Opener
- Gator Women's Basketball Team Earns NIT Berth
- Gator Women's Basketball Season Ends In 2nd Round NIT Loss
- Gator Women's Basketball Loses In NIT Semis
- Eastside Boys Hoops Advances to State Semifinals
- Gator Soccer Advances Over UCF to Sweet 16, Gator Volleyball Beats LSU in Four Sets
- N-I-T Bound