Gator Football Visits White House...Again!
President Barack Obama welcomed the Florida Gators football team to the White House - congratulating them on winning a second national championship in football in three years. Obama on Thursday met with the 115 players in the East Room while praising them and their coaches. Obama said strong leadership formed a team that plays hard and works in the community. "I want to congratulate everybody who makes this program run - from the assistants to the trainers, from the students to the ticket takers," he said. "All of you should be very, very
In a moment of levity, Obama said he still supports a national playoff system instead of the bowl system. But the president also said he's confident the Gators could have defeated any team out there. As the president spoke, a player's cell phone rang, prompting Obama to tease him. "Is that one of the player's phones? 'Fess up," Obama said as the audience burst into laughter. "Coach (Urban Meyer) is going to talk to you about not turning off your phone."
Former Hawthorne high star & "Face of Florida football" Cornelius Ingram gave the president a blue Gator jersey bearing Obama's name and the number 1. They also gave him a football with his name on the side. The president tossed the football to Reggie Love, an aide who played for Duke University. Obama called Gator quarterback Tim Tebow an inspiration
for many people. "He puts faith, family and academics above football. And that's incredible when you think about what he's done on the field,"
- MICHAEL VICK'S HOUSE RAIDED AGAIN
- Trinity Catholic Football Beats Ft. White, 1 Win Away From State Title Game
- Florida Football Challenged Once Again to Stop Steve Spurrier's Offense
- Gator Players Speak for the First Time Since Mike White Hiring
- Corey Brewer Gives his Thoughts on Coach White and the Gators
- Dickerson Leads Way for Gator Gymnasts...Again!
- Gators Tame Tigers Again!
- Gator Baseball Wins Again in Extras
- Gator Baseball Impresses Again Versus UCF
- Gators Collar Bulldogs Again!