Gators "Matador" USF Bulls on the Diamond
Gator junior Mike Mooney hit a walk-off single with the bases full of Gators in the bottom of the 10th inning to lift Florida (28-14) to a 5-4 come-from-behind win over the University of South Florida Bulls (24-15) on Wednesday night at Perry field. UF had tied the game with a pair of runs in the ninth to send the game into extra innings.
In the decisive inning, junior Hampton Tignor drew a one-out walk off Joe Cole and freshman Tyler Thompson then hit a pinch-hit single into right field. Senior and former Jeffrey Meldon/TV20 scholar/athlete of the week Avery Barnes then came through with an infield hit to load the sacks and Mooney sent Cole’s next pitch into left field to drive in Tignor with the winning run. Mooney also had a walk-off single to beat then #8 Louisville on February 22nd and the come-from-behind victory was the 17th for the Gators this season.
- Gator Baseball Uses Big Innings to End USF Streak
- Gators 'Weather' Delay, Defeat USF 2-0
- Gator Soccer Wins, Elliott Injured Against USF
- Gators Soar Past Eagles on Diamond
- Gator Updates from the Diamond
- Ospreys Soar Past Gators on Diamond
- Wildcats Scratch Gators on Diamond
- Gators Sweep on the Diamond
- Seminoles Edge Gators on Diamond
- Price is Right Against Gators on Diamond