Gator Baseball Tops Dolphins
The Gator baseball team came back to beat Jacksonville 7-to-4 on its home field on Tuesday night to conclude the non-league portion of its schedule. Junior Mike Mooney snapping a 2-2 tie with a three-run homerun in the fourth inning and junior Matt den Dekker was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles - scoring twice.
The Dolphins led two-to-nothing in the second inning against freshman Alex Panteliodis on a two-run homerun by sophomore Chris Connelly but in the bottom of the inning, Florida came back with a pair of unearned runs off Garrett Dunlapto tie the score at 2-2. Sophomore Josh Adams and den Dekker starting things off with back-to-back singles before senior Brandon McArthur laid down a sacrifice bunt. However, Dunlap threw the ball away trying to force Adams at third base, scoring Adams and enabling den Dekker and McArthur to take third and second, respectively. A groundout by senior Teddy Foster brought across den Dekker with the tying run. Mooney then hit a three-run homerun with two down in the fourth-inning to give Florida a 5-2 lead.
The Gators return to SEC action on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. when they host Kentucky (26-24)to open a three-game series.
- Top-Seed Jinx? Gator Baseball Hopes Not
- Gator Baseball Begins New Winning Streak, Tops South Carolina
- Gator Baseball Tops Commodores
- Gators Coast by Dolphins on Hardwood
- Four Former Gators Suit Up as NFL Rookies for Jags vs Dolphins
- Gators Hoops Upset at Home, Dolphins Win in Overtime 71-68
- Gators Cruise Past Dolphins
- Dolphins Too Much for Gators
- Florida Baseball a Winner over Top-Ranked Florida State
- Williston Baseball Tops Dunnellon In Shootout