Gator Men's Tennis Advances in NCAA Tournament
The #10 Gator men’s tennis team topped Marist College, 4-0, in first round NCAA Tournament action Friday afternoon at Linder Stadium at Ring Tennis Complex. The victory sets up a second-round showdown between the Gators and the University of Miami (FL) at 4 p.m. on Saturday, also hosted by UF.
The Orange and Blue won the doubles point in 28 minutes and continued to dominate in singles, clinching the match less than an hour after singles play opened. Cueto, ranked 23rd in the country, was the first to earn a point, closing out Christian Coley at the #1 position 6-1, 6-0 in 54 minutes.
The winner of tomorrow’s meeting with Miami earns a spot in the Round
of 16, hosted by Texas A&M on May 14 in College Station, Texas.
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Advance to NCAA Round of Sixteen
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Men's Tennis Chomp Down on Bulldogs in NCAA 1st Rd
- Gator Men's Tennis Advances to ITA Indoor Team Championships
- Gator Womens and Mens Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA's
- Gator Roundup: Men's Tennis Keeps Rolling, Women's Tennis Falters, Softball Team Remains Unbeaten
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Look for Sweet Results
- Gator Men's and Women's Golf Finish 3rd and 4th at SEC Tournament
- Gator Women's Tennis Blanks Marist in First Round of NCAA Tournament