Gator Women's Track and Field Wins SEC Title, Men Finish Second
Using individual championships from all over Pressly Stadium on Sunday, the Florida Gator women won their first team SEC outdoor championship since 2003, defeating #4 LSU by 22.5 points.
Among the standout performances for the Gator women were Shara Proctor, who won SEC titles in the long jump and triple jump, and Mariam Kevkhishvili, who threw the shot put 59-2.75 feet, the best throw in the nation this year.
Meanwhile the Gator men, without the help of champion jumper Christian Taylor, managed to finish second only to Arkansas.
The Gators won sprint relays in both the 4x100 and 4x400, and Calvin Smith added a 400 meter SEC title to win the commissioner's trophy, awarded to the league’s high-points scorer at the outdoor championships.
- Gators Men's and Women's Track and Field Finish Second at SEC Outdoor Championships
- Gator Roundup: Men's Track and Field Earns Third-Straight NCAA Indoor Title, Baseball, Softball, Lacrosse All Get Saturday Wins
- Gator Mens Track and Field Win 1st SEC Indoor Title Since '04
- Gators Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Win SEC Tournament Titles
- Gator Men's and Women's Golf Finish 3rd and 4th at SEC Tournament
- National Champs! Gator Men's Track and Field Team Captures First NCAA Outdoor Title
- Gator Men's Track & Field Takes Home SEC Outdoor Championship
- Gator Women's Tennis Earns 18th SEC Tournament Title
- Gator Women's Tennis Wins 6th National Title
- Gators Blank Commodores, Win SEC Tourney Title, Earn No. 2 Overall Seed In NCAA Baseball Tournament