Dream Comes True for Levon Washington
It's what can make-or-break a pro baseball team -- the annual major league draft -- it's what's made the Tampa Bay Rays what they are today & now Levon Washington is part of the team. The former Jeffrey Meldon scholar/athlete of the week -- who you may remember put pen to paper for gator head coach Kevin O'Sullivan back in November -- was taken by the Tampa Bay Rays with the 30th overall pick in the first-round. Levon, who's 5-11 and 170-pounds, is thought to be one of the fastest prospects in this year's draft -- reportedly able to run a blazing 6-2-1-seconds from home plate to first-base. Levon says being a first round pick for a sunshine state team is a dream come true.
- Helping Prom and Wedding Dreams Come True
- 'A dream come true'
- 'Christmas for the Community' Makes Holiday Wishes Come True
- A Gainesville Family's Christmas Wishes Come True
- A Wish Come True
- North Central Florida Reacts to Redskins Name Change
- Oak Hall's Holloway Signs Letter of Intent
- Chiefland Baseball Dreaming of a State Championship
- Gator Lacrosse Living On a Dream
- Hawthorne's Ingram "Still Confident" As He Pursues NFL Dream