Former Gators Advance to World Championships
Former Gator Hazel Clark won the USA national championship in Eugene, Oregon in the women’s 800-meter run in a time of 2:00.79 to advance to the IAAF
World Championships. Former Florida thrower Erin Gilreath also earned a spot on the U.S. team at the World Championships with a third-place finish in the women’s hammer throw. She accomplished that feat with a throw of 223-4/68.08m. The duo will join fellow former Gator Kerron Clement (400m) at the prestigious event.
The 2009 IAAF World Championships in Athletics will be held at the National Stadium in Berlin, Germany, later this summer from Aug. 15-23. It marks Team USA’s first return to Berlin since it played host to the infamous 1936 Olympic Games.
- While Bolt Sets Record, Former Gators Advance at World Championships
- Gator Gymnastics Advance to NCAA Championships
- Gator Softball Advances to SEC Tournament Championship with 2-1 Win Over Tennessee
- Gator Women's Golf Advances to NCAA Championships
- Gator Men's and Women's Tennis Teams Advance in NCAA Championships
- Gator Men's Tennis Advances to ITA Indoor Team Championships
- Former Gator Tennis Player Jesse Levine Advances at French Open
- PK Yonge Advances to Softball State Championship
- Lafayette Falls, Williston Advances to Class 1A Championship
- Trenton Best Dixie County to Advance to Class 1A State Championship