Huskies Dominate Gators in Game One of World Series
Jenn Salling hit a two-run single that turned into a whole lot more as Washington routed top-seeded Florida 8-0 Monday night in Game 1 of the Women's College World Series finals.
Salling's single brought in four runs when catcher Kristina
Hilbreth tried to catch a runner at second. Her throw sailed into
Morgan Stuart added a two-run double in the fifth inning as the
Huskies (50-12) had a surprising offensive outburst against Stacey
Nelson, the nation's stingiest pitcher with an 0.48 ERA. Nelson
(41-4) had consecutive shutouts to open the World Series.
Danielle Lawrie (41-8) struck out 12 in a two-hitter to set a
Washington record with her 41st career shutout.
Game 2 of the best-of-three series is Tuesday night.
- Gators Throw Away Game One in CWS Championship Series, Fall to Gamecocks 2-1
- Gator Baseball Takes Game One in Series Over UConn
- Gators and Commodores Suspended In Game One of Weekend Series
- Date and Time Set For Gators College World Series Game 1
- Gators Baseball Shuts Down Vols In Series Game 1
- Gator Baseball Sweeps 2-Game Series with Fairfield
- Gator Softball One Win Shy From 4th Consecutive Women's College World Series
- Gator Softball One Step Away from World Series!
- Gators Avoid Huskies Bite
- Gator Baseball Drops Game One Of Super Regional