Lochte Seizes Spotlight at World Championships
Former Gator great Ryan Lochte appreciated the cheers, but, he would have preferred Michael Phelps in the next lane.
Lochte erased Phelps world record in the 200-meter individual medley Thursday with a win at the World championships in Rome. But it felt a bit empty with the former record holder up in the stands. Lochte, whose time of 1 minute, 54.10 seconds beat the mark Phelps set in Beijing (1:54.23).
- Ryan Lochte Wins Gold at World Championships
- Ryan Lochte Pulls Off Historic Day at World Championships
- Lochte Earns Ticket to Beijing!
- FORMER GATOR SWIMMER LOCHTE WINS BRONZE
- Gators Swim Coach Troy Says Lochte Has Unique Opportunities
- Lochte Anchors, Can't Hang On For Gold in 4x100m Free Relay; Other Olympic Results
- Former Gators Lochte and Spofforth Fall Short on Day Four of Olympics
- Lochte, Phelps Prepare for Final Meeting; Other Olympic Results and Notes
- Lochte Takes Silver, Bronze to Close Out His 2012 Olympics
- Lochte vs. Phelps Round 1 On Saturday