Lochte Shines at Nationals
Former Gator great Ryan Lochte lived up to the hype in the men's 400-meter individual medley Tuesday earning gold at the 2009 U.S.A. Swimming Nationals/World Trials in Indianapolis. In a comeback win, Lochte punched his ticket to Rome for the 2009 FINA World Championships later in July. A bronze medal by former Gator Caroline Burckle in the 400-meter freestyle topped off the first day of competition for the Gators in Indy.
Lochte, the 400 IM bronze medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, battled it out with Tyler Clary through the butterfly and backstroke legs of the distance IM, but took the late edge in the last 25 meters of the breaststroke leg and finished a strong freestyle swim.
- Ryan Lochte Crashes Scooter, Hurts Current Gator Swimmer
- Lochte, Phelps Among Stars in Omaha for US Olympic Swim Trials
- Lochte vs. Phelps Round 1 On Saturday
- Lochte Beats Phelps, Gets Gold; Other Olympic Results Day 1
- Lochte Anchors, Can't Hang On For Gold in 4x100m Free Relay; Other Olympic Results
- Former Gators Lochte and Spofforth Fall Short on Day Four of Olympics
- Lochte, Phelps Prepare for Final Meeting; Other Olympic Results and Notes
- Lochte Takes Silver, Bronze to Close Out His 2012 Olympics
- Gators Swim Coach Troy Says Lochte Has Unique Opportunities
- Ryan Lochte Wins Gold at World Championships