Meyer Expects More From Offensive Line
Three practices into a new season, Gator football head coach Urban Meyer is already trying to light a fire under the collective belly of his offensive line.
And what a collective belly it is.
With 12 players listed in the media guide at more than 300 pounds, Meyer has plenty of size in the trenches, but the fifth year head coach said he needs to see more from his offensive line, who he thinks might not understand their own importance.
"I think that gets lost in the media, the fans and everyone else," Meyer said at practice today. "They think its Tim Tebow, but it's not Tim Tebow. If Tim doesn't have five guys acting like maniacs up front, Tim's not very good, and we didn't do very good today."
- Muschamp Expects More From Special Teams
- Coach Muschamp RB & Safety Depth Chart. Expecting More From Freshman & Hoping Guys Still Have Fun
- Battle of the Trenches: UF Offensive Line vs. LSU Defensive Line
- Urban Meyer Expects Steve Addazio Back As OC in 2011
- Gators Hire Mike Summers as Offensive Line Coach
- Gators Offensive Line Struggling; Muschamp Looking for Change
- Gators Offensive Line Heads Into 2013 with Veteran Experience
- Gators Offensive Line Hoping to Put On Better Performance Against Missouri
- Gators Offensive Line On A Mission
- Top Offensive Line Recruit Laremy Tunsil Having Fun With College Decision